Laser Treatment for Fistula in Hyderabad
What is Fistula?
Fistulas are abnormal connections between the anal canal and the perianal skin. Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic offers the latest minimally invasive laser technology to treat fistula. Laser Treatment of anal fistulas can be accomplished without pain, and recurrence rates are minimal.
The traditional fistula treatment creates a lot of discomfort for patients because of the constant anal discharge caused by the procedure.
Fistulas are often caused by systemic malignancies, inflammatory bowel diseases, tuberculosis, trauma, and chemotherapy. For this reason, people in Hyderabad seek laser treatment for anal fistula.
If you notice any symptoms of fistula, then you can visit the best hospital for fistula treatment, Vitality's Laser Piles in Hyderabad, and get the best treatment to cure the fistula completely.
The fistula surgery cost in Hyderabad varies depending on the size and location of the fistula. Vitality's Laser Piles hospital has experienced doctors to provide the best fistula treatment to their patients.
With the help of these experienced fistula specialist doctors and the latest techniques, Vitality's Laser Piles hospital gives the best fistula treatment in Hyderabad.
With the help of an anoscope, doctors can detect any other possible causes of anal pain, such as piles, fissures, etc.
Fistula is one of the more common lesions, and it can affect people of any age group, with some needing surgery or medication. The fistula may occur in childbirth, diarrhea, long bouts, etc.
Types of Fistula
- The Blind fistula is open on one end only but connects two structures.
- The Complete fistula has both an external and internal opening.
- Horseshoe Fistula connects the anus to the skin's surface near the anus after going around the rectum.
- An Incomplete fistula has a tube that starts from the skin, which is closed on the inside and does not connect to any internal structure.
Symptoms of Fistula
The signs and symptoms of a fistula essentially depend on the part of the body that is affected. The following are some symptoms of fistula:
- Swelling around or near the anal region.
- Irritation of skin, redness, and tenderness around or near the anal area.
- Swelling and pain in the anal area.
- Discharge of blood or pus from the area.
- Fever due to infection and pus.
- Constipation and painful bowel movements.
If you have any symptoms and pain during bowel movements, consult a doctor and get the best Fistula Treatment in Hyderabad at the earliest possible time.
Causes of Fistula
Fistula occurs most frequently in men between the ages of 20 and 40. Pus discharge from anal fistulas is extremely painful and uncomfortable. The following are some common causes of fistulas:
- Infection in the anal glands.
- Abscess in the large intestine
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic Colitis
Risk factors of anal fistula
In men, anal fistulas are more common. However, women can also get them. The prevalence is also higher in those 30 to 50 years old. Other factors may increase the risk, such as:
- Trauma to the anal tissues
- Previous history of the anal fistula or anal abscess
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Anal infections, including HIV and tuberculosis
Complications of Anal Fistula
A fistula may cause drainage, sepsis, perforation, and peritonitis, among other complications:
- Fistula drainage and abscess: Fistulas discharge foul-smelling fluid and can lead to painful abscesses.
- Sepsis is a life-threatening illness caused by an uncontrolled bacterial infection. Sepsis is characterized by fever, rashes, chills, confusion, disorientation, rapid breathing, and a fast heartbeat.
- Peritonitis: Intestinal Fistulas may cause inflammation of the peritoneum, a common complication.
How is an anal fistula diagnosed?
Usually, a doctor can diagnose an anal fistula by looking at the area around the anus. They will look for an opening (the fistula tract) on the skin. The doctor will then determine how deep the track is and how it's directed. There will be drainage from the external opening in many cases.
Some fistulas cannot be seen on the skin's surface. Your physician may need to perform additional tests in this case:
- An anoscopy is a procedure where a small instrument is placed to see inside the anus and rectum.
- Your physician may also order an ultrasound or MRI of the anal area to better view the fistula tract.
- Sometimes your surgeon will need to examine you in the operating room (called an exam under anesthesia) to diagnose the fistula.
If a fistula is found, your physician may perform further tests to see if the condition is related to Crohn's disease. Crohn's disease is an inflammatory disease of the intestine. Fistulas develop in about 25% of Crohn's patients.
Tests such as blood tests, X-rays, and colonoscopies are included in these studies. A colonoscopy involves inserting a flexible, lighted instrument into the colon through the anus. In this case, conscious sedation is used, a light anesthetic.
Procedure for fistula treatment
Techniques for treatment are basically divided into two categories:
- Laser Surgery for Anal Fistula
- Traditional Surgical Method for Anal Fistula
Laser Surgery of Anal Fistula: In this technique, laser energy is radiated from a probe inserted into the fistulous tract. This light directly destroys the fistula epithelium and the rest of the channel/ tract of the fistula. Anal Fistula treatments using lasers have several advantages over available methods for several reasons outlined below.
A patient can resume normal activities within 24 hours
- Quick-relief and fast recovery
- Fast and painless treatment
- There is no need for repeated visits to the doctor
- There is no requirement for daily dressings
- This can be done in all age groups with minimal risk.
A patient can undergo laser surgery to find relief from the fistula. Laser surgery for Fistula in Hyderabad is very easy to do and is considered to be one of the modern treatments.
Vitality's Laser Piles hospitals in Hyderabad are well equipped with world-class health care facilities to provide patients with ultimate care. Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic provides hassle-free treatment to its patients by providing continuous 24/7 support through its customer care service. It is a platform that provides a vast network of clinics and the top specialist for Fistula in Hyderabad.
Treatment of Fistula
Surgery is only the process of treating anal fistula. It is done under general anesthesia, but regional anesthesia is sometimes used. There are three surgical methods for managing low-level fistula.
- Fistulectomy: This method is used mostly for fistula treatment. The track is removed and sent for histopathological examination. It can take two months to heal.
- Laser Ablation: The doctor first identifies the tract and cleanses it. An even larger beam is induced into the tract. No cutting is involved, no wounds, no dressings are required, and the patient can go about his regular daily routine the next day.
- Coring of Fistula: Dissection is performed around the fistula, followed by removal of the entire tract.
- Seton Techniques: The seton is a small piece of thread left in the fistula tract. Patients who undergo this procedure are at high risk of incontinence when the fistula crosses the sphincter muscles.
- Advancement Flap Procedures: Flaps are pieces of tissue removed from the skin surrounding the anus. During surgery, the tract of the fistula is removed, and a flap is attached where the opening of the fistula is. The procedure is usually recommended for complex fistulas or with a high incontinence risk. About 70% of cases are successfully treated with this procedure.
- Fibrin Glue: This is a non-surgical treatment option available. The fistula is sealed by injecting glue into the tract; the opening is stitched closed. This procedure is safe, simple, and painless. However, it does not show long-term results.
7. Bioprosthetic Plug: The cone-shaped plug is made from human tissue and blocks the fistula's internal opening. However, it does not completely seal the fistula so it can drain. Regenerating tissue usually grows around the plug to heal the fistula. There is uncertainty regarding this method's long-term success rate.
Laser vs. Open Surgery for Fistula
|Daily Dressing||No Need for dressing|
|One month bed rest (Most Cases)||Go to work next day|
|Hospitalization||Walk out same day|
|Painful "OPEN" Surgery||Knifeless, Painless|
|Diet Restrictions||Freedom to be|
Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic is the best hospital for Fistula in Hyderabad. We provide laser treatment for fistula, a non-surgical procedure. Schedule an appointment for fistula treatment in Hyderabad now without any delay. Call us on 9108503674 or fill out the form.
Home Remedies for Fistula
Anal fistulas require surgery, but there are some other options you can use for symptomatic relief. You can use these to relieve temporary pain while you wait for your surgery:
- Take sitz baths
- Add fiber to your diet
- Take stool softeners
- Avoid straining during bowel movements
- Drink adequate fluids
Why Should You Choose Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic for Fistula Treatment?
Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic offers the best fistula treatment in Hyderabad. We use the latest and most advanced equipment and methods to diagnose and treat different types of piles. We have Fistula doctors with extensive knowledge and training in determining the type and severity of piles using various diagnostic techniques. Furthermore, they offer a treatment plan based on their diagnosis and use minimally invasive procedures to relieve patients of this painful and embarrassing condition. Now is the time to make an appointment with Vitality's Laser Piles Clinic!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best treatment for fistula?
Can you heal a fistula without surgery?
How serious is a fistula?
It can lead to removal and reconstruction of the anal canal.
Is fistula surgery painful?
How can I heal my fistula naturally?
What should be avoided in fistula?
Manipulating the site of fistula with hands, usage of quack treatments.