Table of Contents
- What are piles, and how do they occur?
- Types of piles
- Symptoms of anal piles
- Allopathy vs. Homeopathy treatment methods
- Allopathic Treatment Methods
- Homeopathic Treatment Methods
- About allopathy laser surgery
Piles (Hemorrhoids) are a common problem. Most people face it once or twice in their life. The occurrence is more in people above forty years of age. We all have soft, elastic tissues in our anus that assist us in our bowel movements. We are unaware of their presence unless they are inflamed and cause symptoms like pain, itchiness, swelling, bleeding, burning, etc.
What are piles, and how do they occur?
Piles or Hemorrhoids are swellings that develop in the lower part of the large intestine (rectum) or around the opening of the anus.
Blood vessels, muscles, elastic fibers, and other tissues are involved in the inflammation of hemorrhoids or piles, either present inside the anus or outside the anus.
An enlarged anus may prolapse and protrude, causing severe pain and bleeding. Such swollen tissues lose their elasticity.
They result from excessive pressure in the rectal veins, which are caused by a variety of factors, including strenuous defecation, obesity, pregnancy, or old age.
Types of piles
Piles can be classified as internal and external based on their location to the dentate line. Internal piles are located inside the rectum, while external piles occur below the anal skin.
Internal piles are classified into four categories depending on the severity – 1st degree, 2nd degree, 3rd degree, and 4th-degree piles.
It is not true that external piles always occur outside. The growths may develop inside the anal opening and not be visible from the outside. An external pile appears as soft bluish or purplish tissue lumps within and around the anus.
Symptoms of anal piles
The most common symptoms associated with piles include:
- Bleeding during bowel movements
- Pain during bowel movements
- Itching at the opening of the anal canal (anal itching)
- Lump around the anus
- Mucus discharge after bowel movements
- Swelling or a hard lump around your anus
- Leakage of stool
Allopathy vs. Homeopathy treatment methods:
Like other diseases, piles also respond to some treatment methods. They include surgical options and conservative ones such as diets and sitz baths. Healthcare experts have also begun to use alternative medicine to treat piles.
Currently, medical professionals follow two leading schools of thought when treating this condition. The most commonly used method is allopathy, while some patients use homeopathy as an alternative method. The following are some differences between Allopathy and Homeopathy treatment methods for Piles:
Allopathic Treatment Methods:
- Simple Lifestyle Changes: This includes lifestyle changes such as eating a high-fiber diet, increasing intake of fluids, and exercising regularly.
- Medical Procedures – This includes procedures such as rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy, and coagulation therapy.
- Surgery – This can be performed in the case of severe cases that cannot be treated with simple lifestyle changes or medical procedures.
Homeopathic Treatment Methods
- Natural Medicines – Natural medicines are used in Homeopathic treatment methods. These medicines can help in reducing bleeding, itching, swelling, and pain associated with Piles.
- Avoiding Certain Foods
About allopathy laser surgery
Consequently, allopathy and homeopathy treatments are gaining in popularity. Each of these alternative treatments has its benefits as well as limitations. Laser surgery, which is less invasive than other forms of treatment, makes allopathy the most suitable choice. It minimizes the risk of infection following surgery. Laser surgery also accelerates healing.
Therefore, the suitable treatment method for piles will depend on your preference and assessing your condition. Laser surgery is safe and effective and is the ideal treatment for piles. It is the best option for treating piles, especially when a chronic case has developed. In addition to being virtually pain-free and non-invasive, laser surgery provides a permanent solution. The low cost of this treatment method relative to other options makes it an attractive choice for most patients.