Causes and Treatment Options for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are basically swollen veins that are located in the lowest part of rectum & anus. Many times walls of these veins bulge & get irritated, especially while passing stools. Swollen hemorrhoids are commonly known as piles. These are one of the most common causes of rectal bleeding. However, they are rarely dangerous but one must see a doctor to get rid of them unless they turn into a more serious condition. Doctors can remove hemorrhoids which are very painful & refuse to go away on their own.
Types of Hemorrhoids
There are two main types of hemorrhoids; internal hemorrhoids & external hemorrhoids.
- Internal hemorrhoids are located deep inside the rectum & may not be seen or felt. Moreover, they do not hurt because there are few pain-sensing nerves in this region. Bleeding however is the only sign which proves their presence.
- External hemorrhoids are typically located under the skin around anus. External hemorrhoids tend to hurt & bleed as well because of the fact that there are more pain-sensing nerves located in the region. Many times hemorrhoids prolapse as they get bigger & bulge outside the anal sphincter.
Almost 75 percent of the people experience hemorrhoids at some point of time during their lives. This is one of the most common ailments known to mankind. Hemorrhoids are a common problem among adults of all ages & should always be properly evaluated by a physician for accurate diagnosis & treatment.
What Causes Hemorrhoids?
People whose other family members have hemorrhoids are more likely to have them. Build-up of pressure within lower rectum affects flow of blood & makes veins within the region to swell. People who are overweight, obese or pregnant may develop this condition. Other reasons for developing hemorrhoids include the following.
- Pushing down bowel movements during constipation
- Straining physical movements like when lifting heavy loads
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
People usually get hemorrhoids when they are suffering from constipation or diarrhea which does not clear up. Vomiting, sneezing or coughing can worsen this condition.
Preventive Measures for Hemorrhoids
Some basic lifestyle measures are enumerated below.
- Eat More Fiber – Vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, seeds, nuts & whole grains are great sources of plant fiber foods.
- Drink Excessive Water – This will be helpful in avoiding constipation & hard stools. Eventually, you will strain less during passing stools.
- Regular Exercise – Physical activities like walking is another good way which keeps blood & bowels moving.
- Do Not Wait to Go – Never postpone. It is good to use the toilet as soon as the urge is felt.
Nevertheless, for some people all these measures or medicine may not be enough for treating hemorrhoids. For them, either surgery or nonsurgical treatments like lasers may be the right choice.
Surgery as Treatment for Hemorrhoids
There are many types of surgical interventions for treating hemorrhoids. The most commonly performed surgery for removal of hemorrhoids is known as hemorrhoidectomy. During this operation, the surgeon makes small cuts around anus in order to slice hemorrhoids away. This is however a highly sensitive operation since the area is tender & painful after surgery. Moreover, recovery takes about 15 days of time & can go on for 3 – 6 weeks for the patient to feel back to normal. Bleeding, infection & reaction to anaesthesia are some of the other most common problems associated with surgery for removal of hemorrhoids.
Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids Removal
Laser treatment procedure for hemorrhoids removal is not too painful. The patient is discharged the same day & hospitalization is not required in almost all the cases. Bleeding during laser treatment is minimal as blood vessels are sealed by lasers. Damage to the surrounding tissue is minimal & which ensures that there are no further complications. Wound healing following laser treatment is also much faster. Laser hemorrhoid treatment at Laser Piles is a good & safe option & which also is highly affordable. Choose the nearest clinic of the 5 state-of-the-art Laser Piles Clinic centres available in Hyderabad & Secunderabad twin cities of Telangana.
Schedule an appointment today. Call us: 910 850 3674, Email: email@example.com