How to Take Sitz Bath for Hemorrhoids At Home
Well, a sitz bath for hemorrhoids is a warm and shallow bath designed to help people cleanse the perineum. It is one way to relieve pain and itching in the chosen area. It will clean up the space between the rectum and the vulva or scrotum.
You can try giving yourself a sitz bath in your bathtub or can get your hands on a plastic kit fitting over the toilet. The kit is round in shape and comes with a shallow basin. There is a plastic bag available with long tubing on one end. Fill the bag with warm water and then safely fill the bath with the help of a tube.
The basic is designed to be slightly larger in size than your standard toilet bowl. Place it securely underneath the toilet seat and will help you to remain seated while taking the bath. This kit is now available in so many pharmacies and stores. So, getting a hands-on one won’t be that tough to consider!
The uses of sitz bath:
The sitz bath for piles is gaining quite some popularity among the masses and even doctors are recommending the same to get rid of unwanted pain. You won’t need a doctor’s prescription to opt for a sitz bath for toilet. Some people use a sitz bath on a regular basis as one way to cleanse the perineum.
- Along with using it in cleansing, the warm water from this bath helps in increasing blood flow to all your perineum areas.
- It helps in promoting healing a lot faster and relieves you from itching, irritation, and minor pain.
- You are mostly asked to use the best sitz bath for hemorrhoids in case you have recent surgeries on the vagina or vulva.
- If you have given birth recently or have hemorrhoids surgically removed, then these sitz baths are great.
- Other than a sitz bath for hemorrhoids, you can relieve discomfort through the same bath. If you have discomfort with bowel movements, go for a sitz bath now!
Well, the best part is that both adults and children can easily use the sitz baths. It is often recommended for parents to supervise children during the sitz bath. At some point, doctors might prescribe medicines or some other additives to put within the sitz bath. Some of you might have to use povidone-iodine, known for its antibacterial properties.
Other than that, adding vinegar, baking soda, or Epsom salt to the water will also result in a soothing solution. Then you have so many people only using warm water without any additives. The choice is yours. It is recommended to use any add-on into the water only if recommended by doctors. Clearly let them know the kind of pain you are going through and after a thorough examination, the doctor will provide you with the right solution.
Taking sitz bath in the bathtub:
If you are planning to take a sitz bath for piles in the bathtub, then start by cleaning out the tub completely and thoroughly. There shouldn’t be any soapy residue involved. Mix around 2 tablespoons of bleach with ½ gallon of water. Then scrub the bathtub thoroughly and rinse well after that.
- Now, for the best sitz bath for hemorrhoids, fill the tub with around 3 to 4 inches of water. Make sure the water is warm but not hot enough to cause discomfort or burn.
- It is recommended to test the temperature of the water by placing a drop of it on your wrist. Once you have your comfortable temperature, add any substance that the doctor prescribed to the bath.
- Now, it is time to step inside the tub and soak the perineum for around 15 to 20 minutes. There are different timings available for sitz bath for toilet and it depends on the patient’s condition.
- Bend your knees or if you want, dangle your legs over the sides of your bathtub. Just try to keep them out of water altogether.
- When you are likely to get out of the tub, pat yourself dry gently with the help of a clean cotton towel.
- Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the perineum as that result in pain, redness, and irritation.
- Now, finish your routine by rinsing the bathtub thoroughly.
Using the help of a kit:
Some people would love to use a kit for taking a sitz bath for hemorrhoids. A plastic kit can fit right over your toilet. Some of them are available with cleaning instructions and some solutions as well. In case your kit doesn’t have those, then clean and rinse all the materials properly before use.
- Once the kit for sitz bath for piles is cleaned enough, it is time to add warm water with any medicines or solutions, as recommended by doctors.
- Make sure to avoid using water, which is too hot to burn your skin.
- Place the sitz bath for toilet into the open toilet.
- Now, test it by moving it from one side to another, just to be sure that the kit stays right in its place.
- Get to pour warm water in before you can sit down or you can use a plastic bag and tube to fill the tub with water, once you have sat down. The water needs to be deep enough to cover the perineum.
- Soak for around 15 to 20 minutes. Then using a plastic bag, add warm water as the original water cools down.
- Most of the best sitz bath for hemorrhoids will have a vent that will prevent the water from overflowing. The water flows conveniently into the toilet and can be later flushed.
Getting help from a doctor:
If the hemorrhoids are making you suffer a lot, then instead of going for homemade remedies, catching up with a well-trained doctor is indeed a necessity. Well, during such instances, get along with Vitality’s Laser Piles Clinic right away! There are well-trained and experienced doctors over here, ready to take care of your hemorrhoid problems from the core to help you get relief from pain.
To book a consultation, visit Laser Piles Clinic now!