How to Manage Hemorrhoids during Flare-ups
Getting old has advantages & disadvantages as well. One of the health disadvantages is developing hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are swollen blood vessels which develop on the outer rectum & anus. This can turn bowel movements into an extremely painful experience. Characteristic symptoms of hemorrhoids include rectal pain, bleeding, itching & sometimes protrusion of hemorrhoids into the anal canal known as rectal prolapse. However, hemorrhoids are not dangerous but the pain associated with passing stools can be unbearable.
Types of Hemorrhoids
There are two types of hemorrhoids; internal & external hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids sprout from within the rectum & external hemorrhoids develop on the anus. Both these types of hemorrhoids, however, cause pain & bleeding while passing stools.
Self-Help Tips to Ease Hemorrhoid Pain
Nevertheless, if you follow these simple self-help measures, they can ease the ordeal of hemorrhoids & allow healing. Here are some effective steps you can take to care for hemorrhoids until it is time to seek treatment for removal.
● Add More Fiber to Diet – This is the most important thing; you will need to add more fiber into your diet. It is best done with foods which can help hemorrhoids. Some people also fulfill this requirement by taking 20 – 30 grams of fiber supplement every day. Psyllium husk fiber supplement like Isabgol or any generic equivalent will be a good start. You can try another supplement containing methylcellulose or wheat dextrin if psyllium is causing gas or bloating.
● Lubricating the Digestive System – You can do this by mixing a tablespoon of mineral oil with yogurt or applesauce. Eat this at breakfast or lunch. This will make stools slide more easily by the hemorrhoids. Two things with this; firstly you should not be doing this for long periods of time & secondly it would be sensible to place a liner inside the undergarments so as to absorb any leakage of oil.
● Do Not Delay – Go to the bathroom immediately when you feel the urge. Never wait for a more convenient time. Postponing bowel movement will only worsen constipation & subsequently aggravate hemorrhoids.
● Try This Elevation – It is simply common sense. Elevating the feet with a step stool while sitting on the toilet seat will change the position of the rectum in such a way to allow easier passage of stools,
● Using Off-the-Shelf Remedies – There are many over-the-counter products which are available for hemorrhoids. Some of these are hamamelis soothing creams & witch hazel pads. You can also ask the doctor about prescription remedies if these fail to work.
● Sitz Baths – These offer significant relief so do not overlook them. You can use a basin which fits under the toilet seat. Sit & soak the inflamed area in water for about 10-15 minutes in a session. Repeat this two to three times in a day.
Time for Removal of Hemorrhoids
In case hemorrhoids persist in spite of the steps you have taken to make them go away or if they interfere with bowel movement, or begin to bleed or make it difficult for you to go through the day, it is time to consult your doctor about medical procedures that are available for reducing or removing hemorrhoids. There are many types of minimally invasive techniques available for removing hemorrhoids including rubber-band ligation, infrared & laser treatment. Hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical option but laser treatment which is the most advanced & nonsurgical is the best of all.
Laser Piles Clinics in Hyderabad
They offer the best piles treatment in Hyderabad. You can choose the nearest of the 5 state-of-the-art clinics spread across the city. Laser Piles Clinics have dedicated lady doctors for female patients as well. All doctors are highly experienced & have performed hundreds of operations in the past. Laser treatment for hemorrhoids is US FDA approved & is the latest & most advanced option for removal of hemorrhoids.
Schedule an appointment today. Call us: 910 850 3674, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org