Proctologists in Hyderabad
Table of Contents
If you haven’t heard the term proctology then you must be new around here. I’m sure you’ve heard about it before…maybe from your friends or even a random person.
Well, this is none other than the surgical specialty that deals with all the diseases of the rectum, anus, and some parts of the colon.
What is a Proctologist?
Proctologists are medical doctors who specialize in treating diseases of the anus and rectum. They are also known as colorectal surgeons or colon and rectal surgeons.
The provide a range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to patients with diseases of the anal canal and its derivatives. They can be both generalists or subspecialists. A generalist treats a wide range of conditions, while a subspecialist focuses on a particular area of expertise.
Proctology is among the most complex medical practices because diseases in this area can be easily spread from one patient to another. The main factor that affects the practice that makes it more difficult is its intimate nature. Also, patients are often uncomfortable about their diseases, due to which they do not reveal there is something wrong with them.
What are the conditions they treat?
Proctologists may also be called gastrointestinal surgeons. They treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Anal fissures — tiny tears in the lining of the anus that cause pain when bowel movements pass over them.
- Anal fistulas — abnormal connections between two parts of the body, such as between two sides of the anus or between an organ inside the abdomen and the skin surface.
- Hemorrhoids — blood vessels that become swollen with blood and develop outside your anus.
- Anal abscesses — painful pus-filled lumps around your anus that require surgery to drain.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) — IBD is a group of inflammatory disorders that includes ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) — IBS is a group of intestinal symptoms unrelated to IBD, including bloating, cramping, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Polyp — These are precancerous growths that have the potential to become colorectal cancer.
- Rectal prolapse —this is a condition in which the rectum begins to fall from its position into the anal opening.
- Anal warts — warts caused by human papillomavirus.
- Crohn’s disease — a form of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Anal or Colorectal cancer — cancer that occurs in the colon or rectum.
- Anal skin tags — these are small bumps of skin around the anus.
- Diverticulitis. This is a disease in which pouches form weak spots along the digestive tract.
- Constipation — infrequent or difficult bowel movements, which a low-fiber diet may cause, lack of exercise, dehydration, and certain medications (including opioid pain relievers).
- Diarrhea — frequent loose stools that may be accompanied by abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, and nausea. Diarrhea can occur as an acute illness (lasting less than three weeks) or as a chronic problem (lasting longer than three months). Diarrheal infections are usually caused by viruses or bacteria that affect the intestines.
- Fecal incontinence — inability to control bowel movements.
Types of procedures
They perform procedures such as diagnostic colonoscopy, polypectomy (removing polyps), hemorrhoidectomy (removing piles), anal fissure cure, anal abscess drainage, fistula and perianal abscess drainage, and treatment of anal cancer and rectal cancer.
These specialists also perform other procedures on the digestive tract, including fistula treatment, perianal abscess drainage, and cancer treatments such as endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR).
Proctologists in Hyderabad
You can find many proctologists in Hyderabad. They can also perform surgery to remove polyps or other growths, and they may do endoscopies (using a lighted tube called an endoscope) to examine the lining of your colon. For the best colorectal surgeons in Hyderabad, you can unhesitantly depend on Vitality’s Laser Piles and can see the best results.
Colorectal surgeons at Vitality’s Laser Piles Clinic are specialists in treating conditions affecting the anus and rectum (the lower part of the colon). They can also treat anal fissures, fistulas, hemorrhoids, anal fistulas, and abscesses.
They are the finest surgeons of Hyderabad and can perform colonoscopies for diagnostic purposes or remove polyps or cancerous tissue.
Call us to book an Appointment for proctologist doctors at Vitality’s Laser Piles Clinic, our mobile no. Is +91-910 850 3674 you can also Email us for an appointment. Our email ID is – email@example.com