Table of Contents
- What is an anal fistula?
- What causes an anal fistula?
- Treatment options for anal fistula
- Which is the Best Hospital for Fistula Treatment in Hyderabad?
If you have been diagnosed with an anal fistula, you will undoubtedly be given the names of many hospitals in Hyderabad. Your search for the best hospital for fistula treatment in Hyderabad ends here, as Vitality’s Laser Piles Clinic is the best hospital for fistula treatment in Hyderabad. The most advanced technology to cure fistulas is used for men and women.
An anal fistula is a rare health condition to talk about. Many people who have this hesitate to talk with their doctors. But without a proper cure, this condition will keep returning until you finally get operated on. It’s more of a common problem than you think, and knowing how to treat anal fistulas will help people live everyday life.
What is an anal fistula?
Anal fistulas are small tunnels that connect the skin near the anus to an underlying organ. Most of them form as a result of infected anal glands. Anal fistulas that have a common opening on the skin with an infected gland are rare.
They are painless but prevent a person from controlling bowel movements and may be accompanied by odor and bleeding. Some of the symptoms include:
- The release of blood and pus from the tunnel area
What causes an anal fistula?
Anal fistulas are abnormal passageways that connect two different areas of the body. For example, an anal fistula may connect the rectum to another part of the digestive tract or another organ in the body. Anal fistulas are more common in women than in men and usually develop after an injury or surgery in this area. There are many reasons for anal fistula. The causes can be infections, shearing of the anal tissue, cancer, or even the natural aging of the rectum. Here are some vital causes to look into:
- Anorectal abscess – The most common cause of anal fistulas is a primary anorectal abscess (PA). PA occurs when one of the four anal glands becomes infected. The infection quickly develops into an abscess, which is a pus-filled collection. An anal fistula develops when an abscess does not heal completely, whether with or without treatment. The main risk factor for developing PA is having had previous surgery on your anus or rectum.
2. Intestinal diseases like Crohn’s disease, Diverticulitis, and others cause the intestines to inflate. This inflammation can lead to fistulas between different parts of the digestive tract or between the digestive tract and other organs, such as the urinary tract (ureterovesical fistula).
- The formation of fistulas is linked to rectal cancer, HIV, and certain infections like tuberculosis and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Iatrogenic – caused by prior surgery in the area.
The diagnosis of an anal fistula is made based on a brief history and a clinical examination that includes a digital rectal examination.
As part of the procedure, a proctoscopic examination is performed to determine if there are any concurrent rectum disorders. For complex fistulas with hard-to-define tracts, you may need an MRI fistulogram.
Treatment options for anal fistula
Treatment options for anal fistulas vary depending on their cause and severity but may include:
- Surgical excision of the tract or tract ligation
- Medications such as antibiotics or corticosteroids
- Laser Surgery
Which is the Best Hospital for Fistula Treatment in Hyderabad?
Ultimately, anal fistula treatment can be a stressful time for anyone. The process is long and intensive, and it requires a great deal of trust from the affected individual.
Vitality’s Laser Piles hospital is one the best hospitals in Hyderabad that treats fistula. It has a very high success rate amongst patients, its laser piles treatment method is highly efficient and less painful than other treatment methods available.
We would not be wrong in saying that Vitality’s Laser Piles Clinic is the finest hospital for Fistula Treatment in Hyderabad, India. A team of expert doctors examines every patient. Evaluation is done with the help of an MRI scan and clinical examination, which is an essential part of fistula treatment.
At Vitality’s Laser Piles hospital, US FDA-approved Advanced Laser Piles treatments are provided. We understand your pain and offer the most effective painless treatment to resolve your problems with Anal Fissures, Hemorrhoids, Fistulas, Pilonidal Sinuses, Rectal Prolapse, etc. Visit our website for more information related to fistula treatment.