Piles is one of those health conditions that makes one feel embarrassed to talk about leading to neglecting the treatment. But if you neglect it by suffering secretly, it may blow up and get worse. The pain may get worse and become unbearable. If it’s still in the initial stage, then the good news is that it can be treated at home easily with natural remedies without talking about it to anybody. Prevention is definitely the key but once you’ve got this, it’s better to address it sooner than later.
How Can I Treat Piles at Home?
Here’s a list of home remedies of piles you can try at home.
1. Sitz Bath
This is nothing but a lukewarm bath which can relax the muscles in the anal canal and gives some relief. For this, you’ll need just a bathtub and lukewarm water.
- Fill the tub with the lukewarm water and sit in it.
- Let your anal canal and genitals soak in it for at least 15 minutes.
- Pat yourself dry gently and do this thrice a day for great results.
2. Witch Hazel
This has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties making it perfect for piles treatment at home. You’ll need witch hazel and cotton balls.
- Take some witch hazel solution in a container.
- Dip the cotton balls in the solution.
- Dab them gently on the affected area and leave it for a few minutes.
- Do this 4 times a day.
3. Tea tree Essential Oil
This essential oil is amazing at cleansing and killing germs and bacteria. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it can kill the germs from your anal area and soothe the inflammation. You’ll need 2 – 3 drops of tea tree essential oil, a teaspoon of olive oil and a few cotton balls. Make sure not to exceed the quantity of essential oil.
- Mix 2 – 3 drops of this essential oil with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Soak the cotton balls in it.
- Dab them on the affected area and leave it for some time.
- Wipe it off and repeat this procedure for thrice a day.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
This soothing gel can do wonders for piles with its amazing anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It relieves the pain and reduces the hemorrhoids. You’ll need freshly extracted aloe vera gel from the leaf.
- If you’ve external hemorrhoids, you can use this gel from the leaf.
- Extract the gel from the leaf and take it in a container.
- Apply this to the affected area and leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- For internal hemorrhoids, you’ve to remove the thorns of the leaf and then cut the leaf into strips.
- Refrigerate these strips in the freezer and gently insert it into the anus.
- Repeat for at least thrice a day for best results.
5. Coconut Oil
This oil is analgesic and has anti-inflammatory properties that can help in relieving pain. With antibacterial properties, it can speed up the healing process. For this, you’ll need extra virgin coconut oil.
- Take some extra virgin coconut oil in a container.
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil and dab it gently over the affected area.
- Do this thrice a day for great results.
6. Organic Radish Juice
Fresh organic radish juice can cleanse the body and relieve the pain naturally. Constipation is a common problem among patients suffering from piles. Thus, this juice is highly recommended as it also eases constipation and boosts digestion. You’ll need just a few organic radishes.
- Grate the radish and blend them into juice.
- Drink a quarter cup of it twice a day and slowly increase the quality to half a cup in the next few days.
With amazing healing properties, garlic not only prevents but also heals existing piles. With anti-inflammatory properties, garlic can reduce the inflammation in the anal canal and soothe it. You’ll need a few fresh garlic cloves, a cup of water and a gauze.
- Take some water in a container and add the garlic cloves to it.
- Bring this to boil and strain the water.
- Refrigerate this water and soak the cotton balls in it.
- Gently apply this to the affected area if you’ve external haemorrhoids.
- For internal haemorrhoids, unpeel the cloves and place them in your rectum.
- Now, squeeze the juice with your fingers and let it flow inside. Leave it overnight.
- Do this thrice a day.
8. Have Fibre Rich Diet
Constipation being one of the common reasons that cause piles, one should have fibre rich foods to prevent piles. It is known to reduce inflammation in the body and ease smooth bowel movement. Make sure to take at least 30 grams of fibre every day. Include more vegetables and fruits to your diet. Avoid dairy and meat as much as possible.
9. Black Tea
Black tea is a rich source of tannic acid which is known for soothing hemorrhoids by reducing inflammation. Take a cup of it on a daily basis.
10. Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black cumin seeds are rich in thymoquinone which is analgesic, an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. You need half a teaspoon of black seed oil and a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Blend the seed oil with vinegar and apply it to the affected areas.
- Repeat it twice a day.
- You can also drink this mixture by adding it to a cup of black tea.
- Drink it twice a day.
11. Green Tea
One of the richest sources of antioxidants is green tea and hence, it speeds up the healing process. Prepare a cup of it and add some lime juice and honey. However, you can definitely skip these two ingredients. Have it thrice a day for better results.
These are rich sources of vitamin C and are known for quick healing process. It boosts digestion, prevents and treats constipation, improves nutrient absorption and reduces inflammation. Drink a glass of lemon water daily.
13. Dried Figs
These reduce the pain and inflammation that comes with hemorrhoids. They also relieve constipation as they have excellent laxative properties. Rinse 3 to 4 dried figs and soak them overnight in some water. Have them early in the morning on an empty stomach daily.
What Food is Good for Piles?
As said before, fibre is of utmost importance for piles. Target to take 25 to 35 grams of it daily.
1. Whole Grains and Beans
These are healthy sources of fibre and they stimulate the bowels relieving from constipation. Include whole grain cereals, millets, and all types of beans to your diet.
2. Plenty of Vegetables and Fruits
Green peas, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc. are rich in fibre and antioxidants. Among fruits, consider taking more berries like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc. and Indian gooseberries or amla, bananas and pears are also excellent sources of antioxidants.
3. Lots of Water
Everybody should take at least 8 glasses of water in a day but anybody suffering from piles must increase the number and make sure it never goes below 10 glasses a day.
4. Avoid Too Much of Laxative Supplements
If not prescribed, do not take too much of these supplements as these may put a lot of strain on your rectal muscles. These can also make you dehydrated if taken excessively.
When to Visit a Doctor for Piles?
Visit a doctor leaving behind the embarrassment without giving a second thought if:
- The stools turn maroon in colour
- Excessive bleeding while defecating
- Symptoms don’t disappear despite using medications, over the counter creams, and the home remedies for hemorrhoids
- suggested above don’t work.
- Symptoms worsen, last longer or there’s no signs of improvement
- Fibre supplements have no effect
When piles become serious, it can make one malnourished and can even cause death if neglected. It’s extremely important to treat them or get rid of them with surgery. Reach out to us for suggestions on your condition.
In several home remedies for Piles do not work. This makes it important to take medical experts advice that leads to the desired improvement in the condition of the patient. If you are facing problems due to piles, consult the piles specialist at Laser Piles Clinic today. Call us: 910 850 3674, Email: email@example.com