Anal Fissure Treatment without Surgery in Hyderabad
Injury or trauma can stretch anal canal & create a tear in anus. Known as anal fissures, they usually come from passing large or hard stools. Anal fissures can cause bleeding & pain during & after bowel movements. Goal of treatment however is, to relieve pain & discomfort. Torn lining of acute anal fissures can be healed. It can be effectively cured with self-care methods. Chronic anal fissures which last longer than 6 weeks however require medicine or surgery to help them heal.
Self-Care for Anal Fissures
Anal fissures are caused by constipation or diarrhea. Changing a few habits can help lessen strain on anal canal. Here are some steps which can help relieve symptoms & encourage healing.
- Keep Hydrated – Caffeine & alcohol can lead to dehydration. Therefore consume plenty of caffeine-free fluids throughout the day.
- Take a Fiber-Rich Diet – To avoid constipation you should be getting 20 – 35 grams of fiber at least every day. It would be sensible to gradually increase amount of fiber in diet by including wheat bran, oat bran, whole grains including brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain pastas, cereals, bread, peas, beans, citrus fruits, prunes & prune juice.
- Fiber Supplements – Fiber supplements can also serve the purpose. They will help in softening the stools & help them make regular. It can help you avoid fart & cramping. Raise the amount of fiber supplement until you reach the right dose.
- Laxatives – Yes, over the counter medicines can help if adding more fiber to diet is unable to do so. However, check with your doctor before taking laxatives.
- Recognize the Urge to Go – Never delay. Do not ignore the urge to go. Delaying bowel movements will lead to constipation. Stools can become harder to pass & can eventually end up causing pain & anal tearing.
- Do Not Strain – Never strain or sit for long on the toilet seat. This may increase pressure in the anal canal & cause relapse.
After each bowel movement, gently clean & dry the anal area. It would be sensible to avoid irritants to skin. Scented soaps or bubble baths should not be encouraged. Proper treatment for chronic constipation or ongoing diarrhea should be taken. Hip baths or Sitz baths will promote healing of anal fissures. Soaking rectal area in a tub of warm water 2 or 3 times a day for 10 – 15 minutes will improve blood flow & relax the anal sphincter. Normally, these habits are good enough to heal most anal fissures within weeks. However, if they don’t it would be right to consult a doctor about other treatments.
Surgery for Anal Fissures
Anal fissure surgery can be avoided if the above forms of treatment have worked. Traditional surgery usually involves a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS) that makes a small cut in anal sphincter. This will eventually reduce pain & pressure in order to allow the anal fissure to heal. However, pain from surgery is normally mild but hurts from the fissure itself. Anal fissure surgery may be followed by inability control mild fecal leakage, gas or infection. However, complete healing of fissures in most cases takes place within 8 weeks following traditional surgery.
Laser Treatment for Anal Fissures
Laser Piles Clinic in Hyderabad offers the best anal fissures treatment in the city. The procedure involves no surgical blade, or scissors or suture materials. There is no cutting or blood loss & no recurrence of anal fissures. There is low pain & patients can walk out the same day. Only two days bed rest is needed & the operation lasts for only 30 minutes.